I lay here in bed wondering to myself….how much worse can it get. I mean…given my family history….my hubby and I kind of expected my body would fall apart on me but I don’t think we thought it would be this soon. Who knew at 39 my body would start to disintegrate. Certainly not me. (I don’t know why I started singing Erika Badu as I was typing that last sentence….but i digress.)
Anyone who knows me and anyone who reads my blog knows that my body started going down hill after I had kids. My hubby likes to blame it on all the fun we had in our 20’s….which is apparently too much fun. But I know it was a mix of genetics, age and babies. My beautiful babies did a number on my body. My body DID NOT like to be pregnant. But it wasn’t only babies….lets see….here is a quick summary:
- Surgery to remove an ovarian cyst (and my ovary) while I was pregnant with my boy.
- Having my son did my down stairs no justice – too me about a year to recover from that one.
- Herniated a disc in my back and was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease.
- Had my daughter via C-Section.
- Had my tubes tied and another ovarian cyst removed during that C-Section.
- Herniated another disc in my back.
- Had a kidney stone get stuck and had emergency surgery and a stent.
- Had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics – thought I was gonna die.
- Had back surgery to fix the 2 herniations.
And now I find out I have an auto-immune disease called Hashimoto’s. Great! Just what I need!!!! Another thing to add to my long list of ailments I seem to have racked up in the last 4 years.
I knew something was wrong with my hormones…I just didn’t know what. My symptoms mirrored hypothyroidism so I went to the Endocrinologist. Well…..no…..I don’t have hypothyroidism….I have Hashimoto’s. Which is basically hypothyroidism symptoms with normal labs….and my immune system is slowly eating away at my thyroid.
What to do now?!?
I guess for now I will go to sleep. Then wake up tomorrow and do it all over again. And take it one day at a time.