Well I was sitting in my living room on Friday night feeling a little bored, so I decided to have a glass of wine and bake my little heart out. I decided to make chocolate chip and peanut butter chip cookies. I was looking through my fridge and I came across some left over mini chocolate chips…. I didn’t want plain chocolate chip cookies, so I decided to add a little flavor. I added some Reese’s peanut butter chips.
I know… usually with peanut butter chips a lot of people make chocolate cookies, but I wasn’t really in the mood for chocolate cookies… plus my husband won’t help me eat them.
I used the basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and I added peanut butter chips:
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- mini chocolate chips (add to preference)
- Peanut Butter chips (add to preference)
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Mix together your flour, baking soda and salt…then set-aside.
- Mix together your butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
- Gradually add in your dry ingredients, mixing until a solid creamy dough.
- Dump in your chocolate chips and your peanut butter chips on top if the dough and then fold into the dough until mixed well.
- Scoop spoon sized drops of the dough onto the cookie sheet
- Bake for 9-11 minutes @ 375 (depending in your oven)
And your done….I decided to call them Reese’s Pieces cookies….not because I used actual Reese’s Pieces but because that is what they actually tasted like. These may not look pretty but they sure are tasty.
Please note: this was originally in my Baking and Reading blog. That blog is being deleted.